FESTIVAL CODE OF CONDUCT
This outlines expectations at Chow Chow Food + Culture Festival’s events for all attendees, staff, volunteers, contractors and vendors, media representatives, exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, and presenters.
It is our utmost priority to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for all regardless of race, ethnicity, body size, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual identity, physical appearance, disability, socioeconomic status, religion or other group identity. In order to do this, Chow Chow Food + Culture representatives will actively enforce this Code with no exception.
- Communicate with respect and kindness
- Value diversity of people and ideas
- Respect the rules and policies of all indoor and outdoor venues and facilities
- Responsibly consume alcoholic beverages
- Refrain from using any illegal or illicit substances
- Respect others’ bodily autonomy and initiate physical conduct only with consent
- Interference with staff and volunteers or presenters and presentation of food, beverage, and content
- Possession of a weapon or any item that can be used as a weapon, which may be used to threaten or cause injury to others if used in a certain manner.
- Harassment in any form, including but not limited to insults, defamation, bullying, threatening, stalking, intimidation, or microaggression towards any person involved in or in attendance at any Festival event.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexual harassment, including but not limited to, comments, jokes, or advances, unwanted or inappropriate conduct, unwanted sexual attention, suggestive remarks about another person’s body, attire, or physical appearance.
- Discriminatory or demeaning remarks or jokes based on race, ethnicity, body size, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual identity, physical appearance, disability, socioeconomic status, religion or other group identity.
- Boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language that disrupt the event, a session, or other formal or event segment in any way.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of venues and facilities, including any destruction or vandalizing of personal or event property and materials.
- Drinking in an irresponsible manner.
- Falsely reporting violations of this Code and/or retaliating against another participant for reporting a violation of this Code.
- Refusing to comply with instructions and protocols of event organizers and Festival staff and volunteers.
By attending any Chow Chow Food + Culture Festival you agree to abide by this Code of Conduct and understand that any failure to do so will result in your immediate removal from the event and that law enforcement may be involved, if appropriate. In this instance, no refunds would be issued to the violating party(ies).